The Break Room

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought we could use a chat topic to shoot the breeze and have a chunter. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Chimp household has been struck by a sickness bug. :slightly_frowning_face: So far it’s only the boy, but he’s generally the canary in the coal mine, so it’s really only a matter of time…

We haven’t had a lot of sleep, and there’s a lot of bedding to wash, and a couple of kids off school. Today is clearly going to be a great day. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh that’s not nice is it @Ian_Chimp The type of thing that spreads like wildfire through a household usually…well it used to in mine anyway :confused:

1 Like

The dominoes haven’t fallen yet, so there’s still some hope for the rest of us missing it. :crossed_fingers: (Go Team Optimism! :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Well we are still looking at properties. It is getting tedious now. How hard is it to find a property? Pretty hard it seems.

We moved about an hour away from where we were living about 6 years ago, and that was a real chore to even get to viewings before they were snapped up. We got a bit desperate in the end as we were on a deadline, and ended up in a ‘less than perfect’ one. :slightly_smiling_face: But we’re still living here, as it’s much easier and cheaper than moving again. :man_shrugging:

The housing market (rental and buying) is a strange creature. You’d think housing would be one of the things that we’d have nailed as a society by now.

We hit the same problem. We were 5 hours drive away, so packed everything up into storage and moved to roughly where we want to do, staying in AirBNBs. So we aren’t on a deadline, but the market is so tough. We’ve applied for 3 and they’ve picked someone else each time. Saw 2 yesterday, one was lovely and too small, one wasn’t the idyllic paradise the listings made out. Going to see a less than ideal one tomorrow, but it may do.

1 Like

I was perhaps a little downbeat in my reply yesterday. :slightly_smiling_face: It can be a grind, but don’t lose hope. You only need to get lucky once. :crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:

Don’t worry about being downbeat @Ian_Chimp. We were feeling pretty down last Saturday, but we realise that if we get this right, we will improve our quality of life enormously. Perked us up a bit.

We are also looking at the finances, as a little money has come into our possession recently, and so in the longer term, buying something might be possible. But sticking with the renting for now.

2 Likes

Well, I thought we were in the clear, but no, now it’s my turn. :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh no @Ian_Chimp. Rest and keep warm. hugs

1 Like

Suckiness!

Hot water bottle, toast if you can stomach it and hopefully the kids are feeling better at least so there’s less looking after to do well… actually scrap that… if they’re feeling well it probably means more supervision is needed!

Hope you feel well again soon.

2 Likes

What a day. :slightly_frowning_face: I won’t regale you with the details, but I’m hoping tomorrow will be better. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Look after yourself @Ian_Chimp and try to get some sleep xx

2 Likes

Hopefully you’re through the worst of it now @Ian_Chimp :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I actually feel better today. :+1: Gosh, that was a rough 'un. :slightly_smiling_face: I have a monumental amount of chores to catch up on, but even that can’t dent my ‘glad-to-be-upright’ mood.

Has everyone had enough time to settle in and get a good appraisal of the place so far? I’m hoping to push forward on some bits this week, and would love people’s input. :+1:

If anyone has any particular interests that they’d like to focus on, or move up the priority board, then just shout out. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re feeling better.

I’m liking the place a lot and happy for whatever step comes next. I’m afraid by attendance is sporadic though. I apologise but I’ll try to help if I can be useful.

1 Like

Is there anything you’re interested in? Creating creative games? Writing up any of the blurbs/guides/core pages? It doesn’t have to be erotic fiction. For instance, do you know anything about CSS? :slightly_smiling_face: (cascading style sheets, before anyone starts filling in blanks…) This design is quite plain, and it can all be tailored with a little CSS, if that’s more your thing?

But that’s only if you want to, just chucking your opinion in and giving a bit of feedback is really useful too. :+1:

Have you had a chance to use any of the extra features yet? (and everyone else too) Are there any that need ditching/tweaking?

1 Like

Love the follow feature. That’ll be really useful when it livens up. I think you’ve done a cracking job @Ian_Chimp, so everything I’ve tried works as I would expect. I need to have a play with the admin stuff, as I haven’t touched that yet.

As for the design, I personally like minimalistic designs, so I’d be happy if it carried on looking like this. I’m a big fan of the content shining, rather than the site.

2 Likes

I will have a think and a play soon. I’m sorry, work life has gone silly busy again. I’ve not dared experiment with any admin features yet but thank you for the discobot coding, that’s really useful and informative on how the background coding works here :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve had some workmen digging up the road in front of our house for the past few days. It’s starting to get on my tits a bit. I mean, I know they’re not doing it for shits and giggles, but the noise is still making it very hard to concentrate on anything.

Hopefully they’ll be finished soon. :crossed_fingers:

And how is everyone else this fine Autumnal day? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like