The Break Room

Not too bad @Ian_Chimp. Woke up a bit down, on my own as both my husband and Vicki are away with work. So, deployed chocolate and sex toys to cheer myself up. Several times. :smiley:

3 Likes

Good opertunity to deploy the chocolate @KinkyMira . Not going to lie I donā€™t mind when the OH is away and I have the house to myself for a bit. Nice to have a bit of me time and also sole control of the TV remote :rofl:

Have your workmen gone yet @Ian_Chimp ? Definitely irksome.

I have had tonsillitis this week. Joyous, nice diet of paracetamol and ibuprofen Tuesday and Wednesday. Not Covid though and on the mend now so all good.

1 Like

I think theyā€™ve gone, and then they come back. Theyā€™ve actually swopped sides of the street now, and are right outside my front door. It took them a couple of days to do the other side, so Iā€™m hoping something similar for this one too. :crossed_fingers:

Booo. Tonsillitis sucks. Iā€™m a real misery with it as well, which is a special treat for anyone in my vicinity. :slightly_smiling_face: Glad youā€™re feeling a bit better though. :+1:

1 Like

I was not great to be around Tuesday after no sleep and much pain Monday night. Luckily, I was on my own in a tractor for 10 hours so didnā€™t have to interact with people and I think my OH knew to tread lightly Tuesday night :joy:. Drugs helped and much better now that the bulging, throbbing red balls in my throat have become more manageable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hopefully your road workers will work really fast to follow the Friday POETS rule today :+1:

1 Like

@Peitho tonsillitis is vile. I had it a few times when I was younger. Itā€™s so miserable not being able to eat or indeed swallow without painā€¦ you have my sympathies and I hope youā€™re on the mend very soon x

@Ian_Chimp Our neighbours are in the process of having a massive extension built so weā€™re all being treated to early starts with lorries dropping off building supplies, workmen cheerfully yelling hello to each other and van doors being slammed. This is all before the real noise kicks in and then they all shoot off home at about 4.00 pm! Grrr!

2 Likes

Thanks @wildflower , Iā€™m much better already. Bar avoiding acidic stuff Iā€™m eating normally again now, Iā€™ve had it be far more persistent in the past but this seems to be departing pretty fast and without antibiotics so thatā€™ll do fine.

Hopefully youā€™ll at least get a peaceful lie in at the weekend?

2 Likes

That sounds like a nightmare. :slightly_frowning_face: How long do you have to put up with that?

I came back from the shops yesterday and the hole had been filled in. Though it took far less time for this side than the other. I have a feeling itā€™s temporary so no one falls in over the weekend, and theyā€™ll be back on Mondayā€¦

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp Oh theyā€™re nowhere near finished yet! I foresee another few months of this at least :slightly_frowning_face:

Our house is fast becoming one of the very few in our road that havenā€™t been gutted and rebuilt.

Thanks @Peitho, yes itā€™s nice to wake up at the weekends to peace and quiet :grin:

3 Likes

Glad it is slowly getting better @Peitho

Oh no. I hate builders. As a general rule, they tend to be the most inconsiderate trade there is.

3 Likes

Good morning everybody. :slightly_smiling_face:

How is everyone? I think people have been having a bit of a rough time of late. Are things starting to look up?

Itā€™s half term next week for us, and Mrs Chimp is taking the kids to her sisterā€™s for a few days. This is generally the time when I have to try and fix and paint everything - though the house is getting to the point where a lick of paint and some gaffa tape is not going to cut it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Morning your Chimpness,

Yes it has been a tough few months for a lot of people. Weā€™re still homeless and hoboing round AirBNBs trying to get a rental in the place we want to be. It is getting boring now.

Bright light - some great sex with people I love. Can cope with the rest if I have that.

3 Likes

Sorry, day late :woman_facepalming:t2:. Good morning.

Yes, much improved on my end. If youā€™re running out of the easier jobs that can be fixed with paint and sticky back plastic at your house please feel free to come round to oursā€¦ plenty of rooms that could do with a new lick of paint!

Hope you find somewhere soon @KinkyMira , definitely getting tedious for you all nowā€¦ glad the sex isnā€™t suffering!

2 Likes

Sorry for the quiet, Iā€™ve been split between too many different things this week.

How is everyone?

1 Like

Very busy. Hopefully some movement on the home front, plenty of shagging and a load of work. Mira is a dull girl at the moment. Hopefully next week will be better.

2 Likes

Everythingā€™s been so full on in my life at the moment that I havenā€™t had time to partake much on any forum!

Just no time to relax properly, Iā€™m not used to this level of activity! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope everyone else is doing ok

2 Likes

@KinkyMira Thatā€™s encouraging news about finding a house. I wonā€™t pop the cork yet, but Iā€™ll cross a few extremities. :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

@wildflower All fun and good things, I hope?

Mrs Chimp and the kids returned home last night from their mini-break. I got hardly any of the jobs Iā€™d set myself done. :slightly_frowning_face: Obviously I set myself too many jobsā€¦

Iā€™ve also started a little discourse training course to improve my skills. Itā€™s quite tricky hopping between all my different hats at the moment, but Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll find a bit of balance once I get the hang of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Apologies all, the last few days have been manic and Iā€™ve not been on either forum very much beyond first thing in the morning.

Back in a classroom yesterday for the first time in many, many years for a spraying course before heading outside in the gale force (very bad spraying conditions) winds for the practical assessments :rofl:. Should say, for assessment we were only using water and coloured water so horrific drift didnā€™t really matter

Anyway, hooray @KinkyMira for possible house progress (:partying_face::clinking_glasses::birthday:?)

I hope itā€™s been good activity @wildflower and youā€™ve enjoyed whatever youā€™ve been up to.

I hope Mrs Chimp and the young chimps had a fun break, I never get done all Iā€™ve planned when I have time off but as long as the most key bits were accomplished youā€™re all good! Good luck on the training courseā€¦ I see you are definitely having an impact on LH with the reactions, polls, etc. added this week. Any chance activating colours and maths on the Quiz thread is an option? (Is it possible to have thread specific coding?) I do get why both you and they would like to limit this elsewhereā€¦ :rofl:. Otherwise, there maybe a little quiz game here this week that you and @wildflower will have to play along with (and anyone else obviously but I donā€™t think they are otherā€™s cup of tea :joy::see_no_evil:)

4 Likes

You give me too much credit. :slightly_smiling_face: Most of the stuff is coming through the pipeline as automatic updates, weā€™re just in control of our update schedule here so we get everything first (apart from the Maths plugin. That one was me getting tricked :slightly_smiling_face:). I mention a lot of the new stuff when I see that itā€™s upcoming or just arrived, and Brenna chooses what bits she wants to activate or tweak for over there. If you can put a good case together for why something would be a good addition/idea then Brenna will generally consider it (though no guarantees sheā€™ll go for it :slightly_smiling_face:).

I donā€™t think itā€™s currently possible to limit the maths plugin (or a bbcode one) to just one category, but Iā€™ll definitely look into it now youā€™ve said it. :slightly_smiling_face: (limiting it to one topic wouldnā€™t be possible)

I will look forward to that very much. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Edit: You could probably take a screenshot of it here, and share it in the ā€˜Images to Shareā€™ topic on LH?

1 Like

Nice to see you back @AlysssViews :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m glad you figured out the password reset emails. I did come up with another plan as a back-up, but we couldnā€™t have done it on a public forum without everyone hacking your flicklit account. :slightly_smiling_face: If you get into any trouble again you can send an email to admin@flicklit.co.uk. :+1:

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Found a few mins to pop on here and see what Iā€™ve been missing.

@Ian_Chimp sounds like youā€™ve been a busy boyā€¦ I love the audio setup! And may I say what a lovely voice you have :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m a bit self conscious of my voice (well no one really enjoys hearing their own voice played back do they?) I was once told that I sound like a well known female character from Eastenders! :flushed: Not sure how many peeps would enjoy hearing erotica read out in a husky cockney accent!

@Peitho your spraying course with the coloured water and horrific drift made me laugh :joy: but seriously I hope its all going well.

@KinkyMira house hunting is a proper headache so fingers crossed youā€™ll get lucky very soon :crossed_fingers:

Not all the stuff Iā€™ve been up to has been fun unfortunately. Thereā€™s been a few stressful changes in my life so Iā€™ve got to get to grips with some new situations but Iā€™m slowly getting there :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes