A Little Quizzing? 🧩

A Maths Quiz than requires no Mental Arithmetic :jigsaw:

So because I have the huge advantage of the MathJax plugin here…

What do the following mathsy things mean?

Fair + x^2
See \sqrt{(-1)}\; 2\left(\sqrt{(-1)}\right)
-1(Nancy)
\pm you
Environment \cdot x = You
|lee| 0
2\infty + \frac{B}{D}
(.10) = 12x
\sqrt{(-1)} \; 2^3 \; \sum \; \pi
...and\;it\;was\;yummy! \;😋

I apologise for the lack of Literature relevance but I do have a plan in motion for another time…

2 Likes

Well, I think I’ve got the first two three. :slightly_smiling_face: This may take some time…

Okay, I’m getting into the swing of it a bit now. I like number 8. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve got 1, 3 and 8 I think.

2 Likes

I’ve only got number 8 but this is brilliant :joy:

2 Likes

Number 7 requires outside literature knowledge but pretty common… my excuse for allowing the quiz here :rofl:. The rest it’s just say what you see but knowledge of Maths terminology definitely helps.

1 Like

I think I’ve got 1,2,3,4,7,8 and 10.

5,6 and 9 are still gibberish to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Clues:

5 What does the dot mean?

6 What do the lines mean? And then think binary logic

9 Think USA

2 Likes

Oh in that case I’ve got 7 too. I thought there was more to it than that. Going to look a bit more today.

2 Likes

Mini screenshot test:

The long one got truncated on here too. I’ve tried to do two halves, but it’s fiddlier than I thought it would be.

Attempt 756:

Getting these screenshots in equal proportions is tricky. :slightly_smiling_face:

(I’ve posted them to the LH Picture Round topic :+1:)

1 Like

Thank you! I foolishly though one long picture would be fine :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

I did as well. :man_shrugging: There’s probably a setting somewhere that can be tweaked to change the frame size. If it crops up again I’ll have a search. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve got 2 and 10 as well. So just 4, 5, 6 and 9 to still get.

EDIT: Got 6 too. 3 to go.

2 Likes

I still haven’t got number 6.

Ooh, this is exciting, between the two of you @KinkyMira and @Ian_Chimp you have them all then! Care to compare notes here for a team effort in the Lovehoney pub Quiz ???:rofl:

Pub Quizzes are generally team efforts after all. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’ve googled what a | can mean. I also googled to see whether 0 was some kind of ‘fabulous’ number, but apparently that’s not a thing. I’m still not entirely sure what number 6 is. :thinking:

@Ian_Chimp The double | means something (rather than a single |)

2 Likes

So the first word isn’t ‘absolutely’? (absolute Lee)

1 Like

Yes, it is!

Also, apparently, “Yes, it is!” is too short a post! :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve not fiddled with any of the ‘encouragement’ info things yet. I thought I’d leave them in place and see how annoying they are. :slightly_smiling_face: They can all be tweaked though if any are too much/not applicable for here. If anyone wants a change to one shout out in the Forum Feedback category and I’ll see what I can do. :+1:

I’m getting trapped between ‘Absolute Zero’ (which does not have a lee in it, and surely would just be |0|) and ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ (which I cannot get from ‘0’). My brain has seized. :slightly_smiling_face:

Google Single Input Logic Gate
…Okay perhaps it’s a little obscure but I definitely covered the simple ones at GCSE and then aaaaallllllllllll the rest of it when I was TAing Physics practicals at Uni.

ETA I do like your absolute zero though, |0|

1 Like